[BLU/Officers] RPI and BLU on the Jam map for the RPi Foundation!

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 21:35:45 EDT 2019

I'm not expert at this - and welcome updates from anyone else. Maybe
someone will tackle the VID  and PID at August meeting.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=245931

>From what I understand at this point:

"The RPi4 doesn't have sata."
"USB 3.0 to M.2 adaptor should do it. The Pi does not have native M.2
interface."

But the RPi4 does have USB-3 (results -
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243666)

Basically, the best option with RPi4 is you get USB-3 and connect to ssd
from there, like this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/raspberry-pi-4-ssd-test,39811.html

In comparison, with RPI3 you could do SSD like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Geekworm-Raspberry-Storage-Expansion-Compatible/dp/B073CGQD9C

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=143938

Generally, it seems people view this new board as a "Revolutionary Change"

https://medium.com/pi-top/raspberrypi4-f38f12633345

At the August meeting, I can plug in a USB3 drive and we can run some test
cases ...

Brian