[Discuss] Problem converting site from HTTP to HTTPS

scottmarydavidsam at gmail.com scottmarydavidsam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 15:42:26 EST 2024

Yes, it appears to be a css problem, unfortunately, the CMS has a ton of
css files...

The developer mode idea helped a lot, it confirmed that there are still
references to http coming from somewhere, I just need to chase them down.

I did a variation of Betsy's idea, I created a new copy of the VM that is
my prod web site, I then brought that up, changed the IP and made the basic
changes to convert it to https being careful not to touch anything else. I
also went into the CMS tool, searched for references to http (without the
"s") and updated those.

I searched the DB for http references but it looks like changing them in
the CMS tool covered all entries in the DB.

There's a file named .env in the web site root folder which had to be
manually updated. Once I did that, the pages look more like they should but
it's still not 100%.

In the CMS tool, they reference a config setting "siteURL", I'm trying to
find that next.

Please keep the ideas coming. I forgot to mention this server does not have
any gui, it's text only.
Thanks everyone for the help, I feel like I'm almost there........