[Discuss] still Re: Software Updating Program Called "software"?, but more https://frame.work/ laptops

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Mon May 1 13:17:21 EDT 2023

On 4/30/23 13:38, Edward wrote:
> You're not the only one having issues with USB thumb drives lately...

Correction: I checked my notes, and it was just micro SD card booting
that was unreliable. And it was a now-old model XPS-13. Even at the
time, back in August 2020, it wasn't the latest model. Booting off USB I
think has worked for me, but I wanted a tiny micro SD as my boot volume.

The XPS-13 has gone badly down hill, as they gleefully remove IO because
they think they are building a dang cellphone or something. This one is
still running fine, but were I to need to replace it now, I would get a
https://frame.work/ . Don't like that Debian doesn't "just work" out of
the box, but I'd figure out how to manage. Not quite as small and light
as an XPS-13 and likely not as tough, but generally it looks really nice.

Has anyone here tried it?

-kb