[Discuss] Any decent video editors?

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Mon May 15 12:04:20 EDT 2023

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 04:44:36PM -0400, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> I've just tried 3 different Linux video editors to accomplish a simple
> task, removing a few segments from an MP4 file. All three programs
> failed spectacularly. Any recommendations for a reliable program?

Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve.  I use the free version on
Windows, but there's a Linux version as well.  Probably overkill for
what you need but it's top notch professional software that I've never
had a single issue with--the only video editing software I've ever
used that I can say that about.  Roughly as powerful as Adobe Premiere
but IMO easier to use and, like I said, trouble-free (which my
experiences with Premiere were not)...

-=-=-=-=-