[Discuss] connection issue

dan moylan jdm at moylan.us
Sun Nov 20 17:14:22 EST 2022

shankar viswanathan writes:
> I am not familiar with the Wifi access point that the
> T-Mobile service provides, but I'm taking a guess here. Did
> you set up these machines on a "guest" SSID network or some
> such setting on the AP? I have found that the default
> configuration in typical home routers for guest networks is
> to isolate clients from each other and only allow access to
> the WAN.  This would explain the behavior you are seeing.

it is indeed a wireless access point connecting to their
cell towers.  don't really remember, but signing in as guest
is  not something i would have done on purpose.  the phone
app shows all the connections, and nowhere do i see "guest".

btw, when i ping i see "destinantion host unreachable"

ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave
brookline, ma 02446-6202