[Discuss] connection issue

Shankar Viswanathan shankar.viswan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:32:53 EST 2022

On 11/19/22 11:55, dan moylan wrote:
> the problems keep mounting and puzzling (moan).  computers
> alphacent, aldeberan (both fc36) and rigel (fc27) all show
> as connected on the local t-mobile wireless app, and locally
> with ifconfig.  route shows 192.168.12.0 gateway on all
> three.  they can all ping blu.org successfully, but not each
> other, nor can they ssh into each other.  iirc everything was
> fine a few days ago.  what have i done?  what's going on?

I am not familiar with the Wifi access point that the T-Mobile service
provides, but I'm taking a guess here. Did you set up these machines on
a "guest" SSID network or some such setting on the AP? I have found that
the default configuration in typical home routers for guest networks is
to isolate clients from each other and only allow access to the WAN.
This would explain the behavior you are seeing.

-Shankar