[Discuss] connection issue

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Sun Nov 20 23:19:34 EST 2022

I had problems integrating my home LAN with various hotspots in the past. I
solved the problems with a wifi bridge.

Attached is a picture of the bridge; it's a VONETS VAP11G-300 WiFi Bridge.
It plugs into the WAN port of an ordinary consumer wifi router, and is
powered via USB, which my wifi router has a port for. I configure the
Vonets device to connect via wifi to the hotspot, and the machines on my
LAN connect to the wifi router via ethernet or wifi.

I borrow the hotspots from my public library for a week at a time, so I
generally have a different hotspot every week. The only device I need to
reset every time is the Vonets bridge; all the machines on my LAN use the
wifi router, not the Vonets bridge, so none of them ever need to be
reconfigured.

I found the device on Amazon; I just looked it up again, and the price is
currently $26.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014SK2H6W

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6