[BLU/Officers] Webcam for peering into things

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 12:15:16 EST 2021

On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 8:09 PM David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:

> I just flew to DC and back for the World Science Fiction convention, and
> at least American was not allowing any masks with ports on them.

Good!
Masks with Ports are for HAZMAT protection of the wearer.

The point of masks in *this *pandemic is bilateral:
protecting the wearer from others
and others from wearer,
who may be unwittingly shedding virus in pre-symptomatic phase
... or even wittingly walking around contagious because employer says
"don't tell anyone and do your shift or your sacked".

Using those vented masks in a pandemic is saying "I don't care if I infect
you, i only care about me."

(Vented masks *may* be acceptable in a clinical environment if e.g. they're
testing people every 4 hours?)
(Vented unilaterally filtered respirators can be used in Ebola epidemics'
PPE because the doctors were obviously not contagious since they were
capable of standing. But not COVID-19/SARS-COV-2, which has virus shedding
*prior* to symptom onset.)