[BLU/Officers] Testing, Omicron Re: Webcam for peering into things

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:38:57 EST 2021

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 3:04 PM Kurt Keville <kurt.keville at gmail.com> wrote:

> LOL... well, ctrl-R is so much easier than starting a new e-mail...

EDIT SUBJECT is on your Hamburger or Context menu, if it isn't already an
editable field.

> I used to have a list of the craziest covid masks I have found... the
> straw hole is not the wackiest... let me see if I can find that list...
> https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Face-Mask-Straw-Drinking/dp/B08FTLLT61

That has a plug, good.  (The early joke straw masks just had a hole, very
bad.)
Not the best style cloth mask, no indication of having a filter layer, and
it doesn't say how tightly or loosely it "fits any straw".  A flex seal
there would be desirable to prevent bypass (same as at sides on N95 or
professional respirators / gasmasks).
But would be better than nothing for outdoor drinking with slightly
distanced friends who claim to be vacc'd but who knows what they've
contacted since their last test (if any).

> https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/27/nation/wearing-face-mask-with-valve-it-might-be-time-find-something-else-some-experts-say/

Yes, the valve is a great way of saying
"I'm wearing my mask to protect me, F*** you i have exactly 0 empathy for
anyone not my blood kin (or at least registered in my political party)."
And also
"I don't understand biology or physics and can't tell HAZMAT from Medical
equipment."
And
"I do not understand that my mask protects you more than it protects me"
... unless it's (a) valved, protects others *not at all* or (b) it's a
properly seated N95 or professional bilateral dual-filter respirator which
protects both of us at 95%.
(The N95 is why my beard is gone. I needed to protect ME at Jury duty.)

Valved N95 masks and single-filter (or direct exhausted dual-filter)
respirators are for use in HAZMAT conditions re small particulates (e.g.
California wildfire downwind), provides unilateral protection; is not for
bilateral biological anticontagion.
(When they said non-medical they didn't mean use these HAZMAT valve jobs
instead, they meant disposable dust masks and pleated so-called surgical
which was confusing as those are medical but not top tier medical!)