[BLU/Officers] Jitsi features

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:39:21 EDT 2021

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 4:24 PM David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:

> For the green screen issue, I've found that ambient light is a very
> important factor.  Try adding more light to your room?

Hmm, there's a thought, the massive halo around my head could've been
shadows from the ringlight(*) providing motion on the background. So if i
had the background map illuminated separately ...

(*) ($15 @ OSJL, with tripod and ballhead that's worth $10 easily!)

> I will test out the feature when I get a chance (and I do have a green
> screen)

I have no reason to believe Jitsi will be aided by an actual green screen.
IDK if Zoom will use one, i rarely zoom.
I did hear from Randal that OBS will use _only_ a green green screen,
doesn't do motion-based background.

And then there's friend Mike's Holiday Special for CrunchyRoll Anime
channel with the Magic Christmas Sweater (electric green), which projects
your thoughts/desires ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg1GRhhwdDE&t=2s (fast forward to about
6:00 where the weatherman is green-screening to skip the set-up if you
wish).