[BLU/Officers] BLU Jitsi meeting on Friday, March 27 at 7:00 PM?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:08:49 EDT 2020

I didn't like the audio / video in FF so i switched to Chrome, it seemed
better.

Bill, could you look into whether there are any security concerns with 8x8?
> If 8x8 look okay, I'd like to try it out with another video meeting
> sometime next week.

8x8 sells their commercial (freemium premium) version of Jitsi on being
more secure that other services in addition to more features than free
jitsi (which is compatible with web standards, win).
Their privacy policy
<https://www.8x8.com/terms-and-conditions/privacy-policy> is much less
creepy than Zoom's. They list a lot of valid reasons to use data (incl "if
we sell the co. the buyer gets everything") but i didn't see 3rd party
snoopery. It seems ruled out.

>    - to any *other person with your consent* to the disclosure
>
> *Third parties who may receive Personal Data:*
>
> 8x8 Inc. may disclose Personal Data to its affiliates, as well as to a
> limited number of third-party business partners, service providers,
> vendors, suppliers and other contractors (collectively, “Service
> Providers”) for the purpose of assisting us in providing, managing,
> deploying, enhancing, or improving our services. 8x8 Inc. maintains
> contracts with these 8x8 Inc. affiliates and Service Providers restricting
> their access, use and disclosure of Personal Data in compliance with our
> Privacy Shield obligations, and 8x8 Inc. may be liable if such parties fail
> to meet those obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise
> to the damage. We also may share or disclose Personal Data to the extent
> that the customer or other data controller has obtained the relevant EU
> Individual’s consent.

(Of course if we (for some value of "we") hosted a Jitsi instance, that
would have control over things.)