[BLU/Officers] Next meeting

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 23:45:02 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 4:11 PM John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I gave StreamYard a quick try. It seems to work well with youtube live
> streaming.
>

> The 6 participant limit is probably the biggest issue.

It is specifically for the moderator/panel/speaker 2-way video use, with
1-way streaming , 2-way text chat to multiple streaming services for
everyone else.

Things to test:
> * Live streaming with multiple participants

If you want to see pro examples, the LIVE segments on
youtube.com/whiskycast/ (Weds & Friday) are streamed with StreamYard.

> * Screen/Window sharing during a presentation

I do NOT know if it has that / how it works, as I've only seen headshots
tiled/zoomed/wiped.

> * Chat window integration with youtube live stream's chat

Works for YT-live and Periscope at least.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 3:01 PM John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I took a look at streamyard's pricing. They have a free tier with a
>> maximum of 6 on-screen participants. Combined with live streaming and
>> merged chat streams, it looks like another good option to consider.
>>
>> Perhaps we could give it a try tomorrow afternoon? I figure we should
>> have a minimum of three participants. Who's avalable for 7:00 pm on Friday,
>> April 24?

I might be ... will be watching Mark's live stream from 5 to 6.30 :-D