[BLU/Officers] Calendar update ?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue May 14 23:42:47 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:07 PM Jerry Feldman <gaf at gapps.blu.org> wrote:

> <IMAGE.PNG>

Did I say I didn't believe you? No, I did not.
I wondered how your *config* was *different* than mine.
There is strong evidence suggesting that is the case.
I don't remember seeing instructions to change our subscriptions after the
server swap.

Is Cheyenne the dead server?
I think I see in old emails (when Federico's event had date error in 2017)
that I added the ICS file on the server to my Gcal directly, and the ICS
file that is cached from 3/11 is timestamped Cheyenne.
The new server 500 errors on that http://blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar.ics
endpoint.

That was JABR's recommended alternate to the Google calendar in 2014.
(http://www.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-January/045979.html
<http://www.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-January/045979.html> )

*What* is the *NAME* of the Calendar you have in your Calendars
subscriptions?
Mine says *Boston Linux + UNIX*, but if I imported the ICS URL uniquely,
mine is unique.
Right click, Settings on it.
What do you see?
I see

[image: Screenshot from 2019-05-14 23-22-36.png]

[image: Screenshot from 2019-05-14 23-21-53.png]
You* must* see something else in the Gcal config since yours is working
still.

Whatever that something else is would be exactly what Tom and I and maybe
others need to reconnect to BLU Gcal.

I suspect it is *blu-events at gapps.blu.org <blu-events at gapps.blu.org>* that
I need to resubscribe to, now that the backup ICS is dead.

*JABR* might want to replace the ICS alternative,
since it was the recommended backup in the mailing list archives.
--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux