[BLU/Officers] Crypto News talk for September keysigning meeting?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:46:26 EDT 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:16 PM Jerry Feldman <gaf at gapps.blu.org> wrote:

> The question for email users is as you mentioned, how else do we sign our
> email. How does one send an end-to-end encrypted email.

Email has so many problems as a legacy protocol stack that it's unclear it
even makes sense ...

One downside is that by sending encrypted messages that is a flag for
> security agencies as well as some law enforcement.

Frankly if your risk profile includes state actors, particularly the state
of residence, one needs a whole lot more OPSEC than just PGP ... way out of
scope.

I think maybe the talk should focus on relevance of PGP.

That could be a very short talk; i could augment with a discussion of the
relevance of Betamax.