[BLU/Officers] Next InstallFest

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:38:05 EST 2019

So far less trouble than usual ...

   * Saturday, February 22, 2020

This is the 2nd weekend of Mass school vacation.
Parents of school-children will likely be busy; they don't see to be our
primary clientele, which begs the question, why not?

(I may have Scotch hobby and Whisky/Cognac work - Julio's whiskyfest is
also the weekend after Boskone/Presidents Day/etc.)

   * Saturday, February 29, 2020

0.27% of the population have a really important birthday celebration.

   * Saturday, March 7, 2020

Lose one hour sleep night /after/ -- which is far better than on the night
before!

>    * Saturday, March 14, 2020

It's Pi Day, 3.14, the nerd holiday.
This is a most auspicious date for nerd activities,
but we'd have to out-nerd all the other events to get any attention, so
perhaps not idea for installfest.
(Would be better to throw in our lot with some other group on this date to
celebrate general nerdery and promote our /next/ aka Spring 'fest there.)
MIT Swapfest doesn't start til April.
Marlboro has indoor hamfest in mid February - 2/15, presidents weekend -
but will have less junk computer vendors, largely irrelevant.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux