[BLU/Officers] Linux in Hamshack talk for Linux folk ?

Andy Stewart kb1oiq at mval.net
Tue Apr 30 12:03:44 EDT 2019

On 4/28/19 12:02 AM, John Abreau wrote:
> Hi, Andy. I remember you from the Chelmsford meetup group, and from a joint
> meeting we held for the grand opening of a SoftPro book store in Marlboro back
> in 2000. I used to attend your meetings at the Java Room coffee house in
> Chelmsford back when I worked at Zuken in Westford.
>
> I've added a placeholder to the BLU calendar for your talk. Can you send me
> some details to flesh out the calendar entry?
>
> http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2019-may
>
> Thanks!

Hi Everybody,

John and Jerry:  yes indeed, I remember you both, and it has been a while!  I
look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Here's some info for your website:

Our speaker at this meeting will be Andy (KB1OIQ) Stewart.  Andy has been
involved with Linux since 1997, and with amateur (ham) radio since 2007.  He
combined his interests in these two areas by creating "Andy's Ham Radio Linux",
a remastered version of Ubuntu, customized for amateur radio use.  The talk
will be an overview of the ways in which amateur radio operators use computers,
and the Linux software that helps people enjoy the radio hobby.  People with
Linux backgrounds, as well as amateur radio enthusiasts, should find this talk
informative.

Andy (KB1OIQ) Stewart has founded two Linux user groups, and is currently the
President of the Police Amateur Radio Team (PART) in Westford, MA.  He holds an
Extra class amateur radio license.  By day, Andy is a digital logic
verification engineer.  By night, he can often be found on the airwaves, or
playing with electronics, or programming Arduinos for radio related projects.

Please let me know if this is OK for your website.

Thanks, and 73 (best regards),

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)