[Discuss] Wanting to understand Dolphin file manager automounting

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:11:55 EST 2024

I have a server, ZFS on Linux, using ZFS' NFS server to export some
nested datasets:

tank/foo
tank/foo/bar
tank/foo/baz

zfs set sharenfs="rw,client.home.net" tank/foo
zfs share tank/foo

This exports three NFS volumes because that's how ZFS works. This is
fine.

I mount the top level tank/foo on the client, running OpenSUSE
Tumbleweed, from fstab:

server:/tank/foo   /foo   nfs   defaults   0  2

All good so far, and the volume shows up in Dolphin's Remote places
section. The thing I don't understand is when I click on the volume in
Dolphin, the nested volumes are mounted as well.

Why is this happening, and what setting do I change to prevent it?

--