[Discuss] delete windows user data from dead laptop

John Hall johnhall2.0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 14:59:30 EST 2024

Rich,  I was afraid of that. I am getting errors trying smartmontools with
the sata to usb interface from best buy.
System file corruption is a possible cause of the 0xc000021a stop code that
was indicated.
I need to look at the drive adapter and see if I can identify the chip that
was used.
Is it unlikely to be the ssd if I've copied it without any errors and a
consistent read speed?
What is your favorite rescue image? Debian cinnamon is not starting but I
don't have any read write volume in the sytem.