[Discuss] GNU 40 in Boston on October 1

Devin Ulibarri devinu at fsf.org
Tue Sep 19 15:48:23 EDT 2023

Hi,

On 8/11/23 10:27, Devin Ulibarri wrote:
> This year marks the 40th anniversary of the GNU operating system, and
> there will be celebrations and events! In Switzerland, there will be
> events on September 27. Read more at <https://www.gnu.org/gnu40/>
>
> The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is planning on doing something for
> those who can't fly to Switzerland for the GNU 40th celebration. We are
> thinking of organizing a hack day for families and people who want to
> learn the basics of hacking in Boston on the weekend of October 1.
>
> Some of the events that we are considering are "music and programming
> with Music Blocks" for kids and families and "command line basics" for
> beginner hackers. Overall, we were thinking of keeping things on the
> beginner to intermediate side to bring in some new faces.

We have some updated information:

The FSF is organizing a fun event on Sunday, 10/1.

We are doing our best to make the event fun for all ages and experience
levels. We will have face painting and a guided MusicBlocks lesson as
well as more advanced activities.

You can read more at https://www.fsf.org/events/gnu40

* When? October 1, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00 EDT
* Where? Free Software Foundation, 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
Boston, MA 02110, USA
* What? A day for families, hackers, and hackers-to-be
* Registration: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=127
* Recent press release:
https://www.fsf.org/news/forty-years-of-gnu-and-the-free-software-movement

We hope to see some of you there!

Also, please reach out with any questions you may have!

Best,
Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

GPG Key: 005D 0372 4A11 C08A 5A35 3D2C 906D B6E3 98AA 6CF6
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.