[Discuss] GNU 40 in Boston on October 1

Devin Ulibarri devinu at fsf.org
Wed Sep 6 15:42:54 EDT 2023

Hi all,

About a month ago, I sent the following:

Devin Ulibarri:
> The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is planning on doing something for
> those who can't fly to Switzerland for the GNU 40th celebration. We are
> thinking of organizing a hack day for families and people who want to
> learn the basics of hacking in Boston on the weekend of October 1.

We are fast approaching the day of this event, so I wanted to send more
information. I hope that a few of you in the Boston area can attend.
This should be a fun event, celebrating the beginnings of the GNU OS and
the free software movement.

We are doing our best to make the event fun for all ages and experience
levels. We will have face painting and a guided MusicBlocks lesson as
well as more advanced activities.

You can read more at https://www.fsf.org/events/gnu40

* When? October 1, 2023, 14:00 to 18:00 EDT
* Where? Free Software Foundation, 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
Boston, MA 02110, USA
* What? A day for families, hackers, and hackers-to-be
* Registration: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=127

Also, there is some room for flexibility in the agenda (especially for
the intermediate-advanced track), so if there is something you really
want to lead, please let us know.

Best,
Devin
--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

GPG Key: 2E0E CE75 F816 2B40 7D66 6767 8797 38E6 D644 0D57
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.