[Discuss] Hoggish software was: Linux Kernel Building

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:35:08 EDT 2023

On Thu, 25 May 2023 14:58:10 -0400
Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:

> I think most of that is more of a web site issue though.   SO MANY
> sites have autoplaying
> videos, timer based updates, etc.   Firefox, at least, lets you

Yes... but not really. I'd mentioned that browsers are effectively
operating systems unto themselves these days. That's not hyperbole. A
browser tab is much like a Linux container running whatever site that
tab has open. Even if that site is static HTML, the tab needs to render
and display that site's HTML, and it has to run whatever relevant
browser add-ons apply to that tab.

--