[Discuss] Wifi Hardware Recommendations?

johnny js0000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:17:48 EDT 2023

i have liked and used the turris routers (omnia, mox).

they are from some opensource fans in the czech republic.

they run a modified version of openwrt with some extra stuff for their
routers, but it's still openwrt so you can update and modify as needed
from their repositories (or even wipe the turris "flavor" and install
vanilla openwrt).

to be fair, i replaced the wifi card on the original mox i got since one
of the radios appeared to be having hardware problems (software changes
were unable to resurrect the radio to useful functioning). i got a
(somewhat expensive) hardware upgrade (module/card) for the radios,
plopped it in, and have had no problems since (it's only been about a
month).

viel glück!