[Discuss] Electronics Enthusiasts ....

markw at mohawksoft.com markw at mohawksoft.com
Mon Jun 5 23:02:18 EDT 2023

Has anyone played with any of the new tools, like oscilloscopes, DMMs, etc
that have USB ports.

I got a HoldPeak meter, the usb interface was basically a screen rip from
the LED display.

I just bought a LB1041 meter that is supposed to do SCPI, but doesn't.

I bought a logic analyzer for $11 off amazon and it just worked flawlessly
with PulseView

Maybe its just me, am I missing something, or is there a need for an open
source project that can link these things together and provide a common
higher level API.

I know about VISA and SCPI but I remain unconvinced that those are
anything but National Instruments trying to push a standard on a
community.

Does anyone know of anything? Is there really a standard?