[Discuss] Fwd: Re: Open Source IPad Recommendations and a Laptop

MC boumanmcc at mykolab.com
Fri Jan 13 13:43:54 EST 2023

_What will i use them for:_

information searches on the internet, check email (like this Kolab email
which can't only be accessed with specific browsers), internet searches
for data download/transfers to desktop

_Applications_: want to use basic open source apps and will not be tied
to "sign in now" microsoft products (that claim they are my best friend)
that are embedded into the O/S or better yet the browser. I am not
wedded to any names and find early open source excellent. for that
matter early microsoft shareware apps still operate on new systems and
they are just great. No preference, but then I have everything I need
and want to just use them.

_Budget_: I'll look at any range, but none of this stuff gets that
expensive.

_Timeline_: I could use both within the month, but if I had to wait for
a good reason, like some operation is about to liquidate and the
bankruptcy won't get filed until March, well then I can wait.