[Discuss] Any decent video editors?

Devin Ulibarri devinu at fsf.org
Sun Apr 30 14:00:07 EDT 2023

Daniel Barrett:
> So then I tried kdenlive. The UI again let me specify exactly the cuts
> I wanted. Then kdenlive crashed. I restarted, reloaded the video,
> tested it, and exported the clips to an MP4 file. After waiting 23
> minutes for the export to complete, the process halted with 15 seconds
> left to render. No error. The resulting video file contained 46
> minutes of random pixels.

Kdenlive works great for me. I don't know what might be the issue.

I do know that the more processing power and RAM you have, the better it
works. But that is the same for any sort of video editor. That being
said, I've had success even on an old X200 (running GNU/Linux) with 8 GB
of ram.

I would encourage you to keep trying, perhaps trying different stable
versions.

Devin
--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

Join the FSF and help us defend software freedom: https://my.fsf.org/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through
the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

GPG Key: 2E0E CE75 F816 2B40 7D66 6767 8797 38E6 D644 0D57
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.