[Discuss] Any decent video editors?

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Sun Apr 30 13:29:43 EDT 2023

To get the performance of my backend server in a Mac or Windows machine,
I'd have to spend a boatload of money. I have a Supermicro server with 4
hexacore Xeon CPUs (24 cores), 64gb RM, and a pair of 8TB hard drives
configured for RAID-1. I purchased the server on ebay for $150 a few years
ago, and the pair of hard drives from Amazon. I don't recall offhand how
much I had for the drive pair.

I just priced out a Mac Pro on Apple's website, upgraded to those specs,
and the quoted cost is $15,399.00. That's with a single 8TB SSD drive; the
web page won't allow me to choose a second drive, or to choose spinning
rust instead of SSD. The video editing software is also an extra cost.