[Discuss] seeking places for good discussion about GNU/Linux programming topics

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:53:49 EDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022, 18:46 Daniel M Gessel <daniel at syntheticblue.com>
wrote:

> After retiring, ... starting up some GNU/Linux programming ... open source
> project.

Trebled congrats!

I'm looking for lively and welcoming discussion boards to chat about
> programming topics, with a focus on C coding. ...

It's so long since C was my regular beat that my old haunts are gone or
rather quiet.
There's some q&a structured discussion on stackoverflow, but I don't think
that's quite what you're asking for.
For Wayland, perhaps the Ubuntu hosted forums are best? IDK.

An (almost) unrelated topic is alternatives to GitHub for git hosting.
> GitHub has nice features and a large community of developers, but I'd
> like a backup plan.

GitLab is the (near) workalike,  and can import GitHub projects easily.
Good backup plan, and could be primary.
I'm using both, and also privately hosted repos, on different projects.