[Discuss] Open Source IPad Recommendations

Ben Kallus benjamin.p.kallus.gr at dartmouth.edu
Sat Nov 5 18:42:36 EDT 2022

If you're looking to maximize longevity, Android isn't ideal because
most Android SoCs+peripherals never make it into mainline, so your
device will work on the newest LineageOS only as long as the kernel is
updated by the manufacturer (i.e. not that long).

A better option for a free software tablet might be to pick up a cheap
Microsoft Surface and install your free OS of choice on it.

Ben