[Discuss] ZFS on Raspberry Pi?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:46:35 EDT 2022

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:00:30 -0400
markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:

> Seriously, if you you have a computer that 10 years old or younger, a
> respectable amount of RAM, at least try VMs. It will change the whole
> way you think about servers, services, etc. It is life altering. I was
> skeptical, at first, but I've had years to get used to it, it really
> is amazing.

Kind of.

Yes, it's nice being able to spin up a small VM for a service in a few
minutes. But it isn't so nice when all of your services go down because
the host went down. You can't do high availability with a single VM
host.

Virtualization may be the right solution for you. Does not mean it is
the right solution for anyone else.

--