[Discuss] Mirrored ZFS Raid

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Sat Aug 13 18:51:20 EDT 2022

So, as I earlier said I was planning on doing, I am now playing with ZFS
on a Raspberry Pi 4. A little confusion about getting correct kernel
headers installed, and I suspect I have it working. But do I?

Is setting up the two-disk array *really* as simple as:

   zpool create mail-mirror  -f -O compression=on mirror sda2 sdb2

I know, I did something odd there. All the ZFS examples I have seen were
to use an entire disk, and I told it to use a partition instead.

It seems to work, on reboot, the volume mounts again.

Questions:

  - Is this vaguely sensible?

  - If vaguely sensible, is there an obvious improvement that would make
it, say, smart?

Thanks,

-kb