[BLU/Officers] Boston Linux VIRTUAL Meeting , Wednesday, March 20, 2024 - Building a Home Server with Proxmox and TrueNAS SCALE

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 12:44:24 EDT 2024

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024, 07:35 Jerry Feldman via Announce <
announce at lists.blu.org> wrote:

> Location: Online: https://meet.jit.si/blu.org
>
> We will not be live streaming. Unfortunately the live streams have been
> failing partway through our meetings. We will be recording the meeting
> using Jitsi's recording feature.

I have received offlist feedback that this is somewhat confusing to those
not intimately familiar with our plumbing.
The distinction between Jitsi (symmetric conferencing) and a (You Tube's
one way) live-stream isn't immediately obvious to all.

Can we amend this to

We will not be* simulcasting to a YouTube* live-stream. ...
We will be recording the meeting *for YouTube later replay* using...

/ Bill