[BLU/Officers] Ideas for upcoming BLU meetings?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Sat Mar 13 22:31:08 EST 2021

I guess a larger topic which could fill a meeting, not sure who could do
it, though I might be able to help: There are a lot of techniques for
not only creating the instances, but getting the required software on
them and configured for the environment (CloudFormation templates,
Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc).

Another good topic that would be more platform-agnostic would be secrets
(keys, passwords, software configuration options) management.

Server monitoring / app monitoring / alerting / dashboards could be good
too.  I think we had a Splunk talk a while ago, and I sorta remember a
Grafana presentation, but there are so many options here too.

I don't know how knowledgeable or interested our members are about
DevOps.  Maybe they know all this stuff already, or maybe they don't
care.  Do we have a feel for how many of our regular members that attend
meetings are more end users vs corporate Dev/IT?