[BLU/Officers] Security talk for September BLU meeting?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 12:47:36 EDT 2021

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021, 09:19 John Abreau <jabr at blu.org> wrote:

> Will you be doing your traditional crypto news and history talk for
> September? I forget where we left things last time we discussed it.

Yes

I remember that, at the time, we were hoping to be back at MIT by
> September, but now it looks like space at MIT might not be available until
> mid-2022 or possibly not until 2023, so we'll continue with Jtsi for the
> foreseeable future.

Right. That has the indirect advantage that the YouTube archive of the talk
has better audio!

 Since we also historically held a PGP keysigning, and we've been talking
> about deprecating PGP, it would also be useful to review current best
> practices for alternatives to PGP.

I went over that a couple years ago but can update

Can I add you to the calendar for September?

Yes.

I'll need to provide a historical vignette subject later but yes calendar
me now.