[BLU/Officers] Jitsi features

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:52:11 EDT 2021

Last night on Boston.PM, we accidentally discovered two features I didn't
know JITSI had added.
(Maybe i should check if they have a Blog with RSS?)

   - *Picture in Picture* - if after you click Share screen you click on
   Camera enable with the mouse or V button on keyboard, it no longer UNshares
   the screen, but puts you PIP in the lower right corner of the screen !
   *Apparently this has been there for over a year
   <https://jitsi.org/blog/introducing-presenter-mode/> and i only just
   noticed by happenstance ??? *

   - *Backgrounds* - the much loved/abused Zoom & Hangouts feature of
   computing a green-screen w/o a greenscreen based on non-moving background,
   and sliding in an uploaded background photo has been added to JITSI.
   It does NOT work well with my camera -- whether due to my background
   being subject to air currents, camera mount too wobbly, too many fly-away
   hairs detected by camera, or just too low a resolution to reliably
   calculate frame-t0-frame motion vs jitter ??
   But worked fairly well with a Google Ambassador's subsidized HD camera.
   *A real green-screen with OBS would still work better for professional
   results.*
   *And yes, Blog says Virtual backgrounds were added March 25th
   <https://jitsi.org/blog/march-update-new-toolbar-ui-virtual-backgrounds-and-more/>.
   *

They don't *visibly* advertise a feed on the Blog, but LifeRea found it.
https://jitsi.org/*feed/* <https://jitsi.org/feed/>
*Subscribed*!

(I only recently discovered that RssOwl was abandoned, no updates,
deprecated. Oops. Back to LifeRea. Don't remember why i ever switched.)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux