[BLU/Officers] Upcoming BLU meetings

Kurt Keville kurt.keville at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:46:42 EDT 2020

I have updates on speakers for Wednesday... I have Steve Herrick's videos
so I might be able to give a quick update on Nvidia DIGITS but it is going
to be very superficial. Maybe I can just set them up and then run the vids
... ?

Josh Gyllensky says one of his students wants a Lightning talk...

------------------

Kiran Thakur would like to take a 15 minute time slot. Kiran is
using FOSS software on Linux to explore quantum computing in
simulation. It should be a pretty interesting lightning talk.

He wrote the following blurb:

"""
Kiran Thakur is an electrical engineering undergraduate at the
University of Rhode Island interested in quantum computing. This
presentation will focus on
applications of quantum teleportation through the simulation of
rudimentary quantum gates and may then be used to develop advanced
cryptography methods using open source, python based quantum computing
programs such as ProjectQ, running on GNU/Linux.