[BLU/Officers] Online installfest

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:09:47 EDT 2020

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 2:18 AM John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the whole reopening fiasco is criminally irresponsible. The
> pandemic is nowhere near over, and warnings of a "second" wave are actually
> downplaying the threat; we haven't even come to the end of the first wave
> yet.

Nationally true, but here in Massachusetts,  we *have* cleared the first
wave, along with NY NJ and a few other states. (I've been following the
daily data releases at the .CSV level not PDF. Our GOP Gov'r is lying less
than you might expect.) Mass has got track and trace up and running before
NYS, with an experienced partner. This is good. I'm worried for the states
that aren't doing that at all yet.
regardless of any politically motivated reopening plans. It won't be safe
until an effective vaccine exists and has been widely and successfully
deployed, however long that takes.

Until then, online InstallFests may be a viable option, if we can work out
the logistics.