[BLU/Officers] Historical Meeting notes files & videos

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:23:03 EDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 8:23 AM John Abreau <jabr at blu.org> wrote:

> I've added deep linking between the calendar and the meeting notes.

Awesome, thanks!

I'll provide missing files and abstract additions for mine sometime between
now and September.

> I added the flipbook functionality about a year ago, using the BookReader
>> javascript app from the Internet Archive,

Given the icon i was guessing it was related

> Never got the video editing tools working well enough to experiment with
>> PiP. System kept locking up with OOM errors, and I'd give up in frustration.

A video program that is usable with moderate RAM on 5 minute clips will
need a huge system for editing 2 hour meetings.
For this you'll need one that makes thumbnails of keyframes on a first pass
and then processes at full-resolution only when done.
IDK which ones do or don't. Christoff might since he's lectured on the
topic.
Even so Video editing will require big RAM.
// Bill