[BLU/Officers] Historical Meeting notes files & videos

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Wed Jul 15 02:22:08 EDT 2020

Thanks, Bill.

I added the flipbook functionality about a year ago, using the BookReader
javascript app from the Internet Archive, and then went through to add
flipbooks for all existing meeting notes, but forgot about it when posting
subsequent meeting notes. I've just generated the flipbooks for those newer
meetings.

There are various scripts in the meetings directory for managing the files
via cron, and those scripts should not be visible to the outside world.
Separate index files for per-year or per-meeting directories seemed to be
of limited utility and more trouble than they're worth to generate.

I corrected the metadata for the 2001 PGP meeting notes to list Matt
Brodeur as speaker.

There are no directories for any meetings for which I don't have files. If
you can provide the missing notes and slides for your past meetings, that
would be great.

As for adding the files to the calendar entries as attachments: Yes, I
could do that, and I think I did so in the past, sporadically. It would
take me a long time to go through and add everything.

If you're thinking of a paper clip icon on the calendar index pages, where
there's currently a tiny youtube icon, that's another thing. It will take
some significant work to add that. I'll have to think through the details.

Never got the video editing tools working well enough to experiment with
PiP. System kept locking up with OOM errors, and I'd give up in frustration.

Updating the calendar abstracts after the meeting would certainly be a good
thing. If speakers are willing to provide this for their meetings, then
I'll add their updates to the calendar. However, I'm not prepared to put in
the time and effort to create the after-meeting summaries. If a speaker
won't do it, perhaps we could find a few volunteers for the task?

Additional text and keyword tags for the videos would be great.

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6