[BLU/Officers] PGP/GnuPG keysignings and COVID-19

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:18:42 EDT 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020, 14:58 Kurt Keville <kurt.keville at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's like the 4th dimension...  x,y,z,  and w? Isn't it arbitrary at that
> point?

It was arbitrary originally,  and only became conventional.
So yes its arbitrary.
Same as i..n being integer in fortran.

( The good news with arbitrary becoming convention is while we credit
Newton for calculus we use Leibniz notation. )

Is sqrt(-1)=i, or j, or all three of i,j,k? Contextual!  Conventual!

With Alice and Bob, the meta convention is mnemonics.
A and B are our beginning E2E communicators.
All else are named for their role in the use case.
(This is following Restoration Comedy norms 😃.)