[BLU/Officers] MIT IPv6 talk for April?

John Abreau abreauj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:52:28 EDT 2019

I have a number of different interests, which would not all fit into a
single meeting. Off the top of my head, here are some of them:

1. A technical discussion of the recent MIT rollout of IPv6
2. How to set up a dual-stack network, assuming your ISP does not yet
provide IPv6. Focused on  a home user/hobbyist, using a tunnel broker?
3. How to set up an IPv6-only network with an internal gateway for IPv4
(6to4, 6in4, 6over4, 6rd, or whatever)
4. If ISP provides some minimal /64 IPv6 support, how to upgrade that to
/48 or /56 for internal subnetting
5. How to setup an IPv6 sandbox subnet (IPv6-only or dual-stack) within a
pre-existing IPv4 network
6. Converting an IPv4 home network to IPv6-only, or perhaps initially to
dual-stack and then later upgrading to IPv6-only. Including an IPv4
gateway, either way.

The case where the ISP provides full IPv6 support, and the user doesn't
need to do anything other than connect to it, is trivial and therefore not
interesting.

I figure #1 by itself should be feasible in time for April. For the other
topics, I imagine the speaker would need much more lead time to prepare
their talk.