[BLU/Officers] Fwd: Cake, pizza for BLU anniversary?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:22:06 EDT 2019

Oops didn't reply7 all

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [BLU/Officers] Cake, pizza for BLU anniversary?
To: John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:32 AM John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, Beauty's Pizza looks like a good option.
>
> There's still the question of what time to have the pizzas. Delivery ETA
> from their website is 45-60 minutes, so if Jerry and I arrive at MIT by
> 6:00 pm and order immediately when we arrive, we can expect the pizzas by
> 6:45-7:00 pm. If we order just before leaving the Marriott, around 5:30 pm,
> then we could expect them by 6:15-6:30 pm.
>
> If it makes more sense to have the pizzas at 8:30 pm, then we'd want to
> wait until 7:30 pm to order them.

I order before leaving home and tell them *when* to deliver. I specify it
repeatedly to make sure it's noted but it works.

> Another question is how many pizzas. If turnout is low, we don't want too
> many, but what if a lot of people show up, whether for the anniversary or
> for the Moon Race topic?

Perl Mongers rule of thumb is 2.5 slices per person * 1.5 RSVP , so one pie
per 2 RSVP.
Doesn't help w/o RSVPs :-)

(Big meeting at JFK Library next week for Apollo 50th too.)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux