[BLU/Officers] Installfest summary

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:04:09 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:06 AM Kurt Keville <kurt.keville at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, swapfest makes a lot of sense... maybe not August though... this
> place is a ghost town right now...
> http://www.swapfest.us/

At some point, I'd like to
(a) deliver Installfest flyers to every table selling reconditioned / used
computers, offering assistance for converting to Linux,
(b) hold installfest same day, at adjacent site, and so offer reloading OS
on site.
(c) or hold installfest following weekend so that flyer isn't discussing
too far in advance.
(d) possibly have a table inside the Flea/Swapmeet to handout fliers, sell
my own junque, and maybe do an install on the fly there, in conjunction
with any of (a-c).

Alas the walkable buildings from Swapfest garage aren't as simple for
Installfest, so we've punted.
A^2 is the following SUnday, so we could consider flyering August Flea if
we create a flyer ASAP.

It will be interesting to see if A^2 generates much traffic. Most of the
> constituents fancy themselves as Linuxperts

Kinda surprising they aren't offering their own service

> so I suspect there won't be much walkins on their part... but you may get
> some interest on the back to school population in Somerville.

If advertised in the right places

> This is not on their calendar...   https://artisansasylum.com/calendar/

One presumes a little more communications will get it there.
If not, there's a problem