[BLU/Officers] Linux in Hamshack talk for Linux folk ?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 19:46:17 EDT 2019

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 5:44 PM Andy Stewart <kb1oiq at mval.net> wrote:

> On 4/27/19 5:20 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
> > Hi Andy -
>
> HI Bill,
>
> I'd be more than happy to come to your May 15th meeting to give a talk.
> Thank
> you for the invitation!  :-)

Great!  I'll let Jerry and John (cc:) take over on the logistics of getting
your-name-here  http://www.blu.org/
(Note: 6:30 time is group convenes time; we have 45 minutes of Q&A time
which the Speaker has 45 to arrive, do A/V, etc; featured talk doesn't
start until 7:15. (Except in Sept when my talk isn't really the feature,
it's the filler before the Key Signing.))

I'm not sure how much you've heard about me, but I am the creator of
> "Andy's
> Ham Radio Linux", which I've been distributing from Sourceforge for about
> 7-8
> years.  https://sourceforge.net/projects/kb1oiq-andysham/

Well I've known about your "Andy's" distribution of course, but most of our
folks won't have followed the ham side of linux closely. Leadership knew
"some of the local ARRL folks use Linux?" and I said uh yes, and asked Phil
K9HI if you were the right one to ask.
(What I hadn't noticed is that you were PART Pres. and EMA Section ACC. So
noted.  Time I started updating the FD map, only 2 months to go!)

I can easily modify an existing talk to make it more understandable to
> technically oriented people who are not hams.  It would be my pleasure to
> do so.

Great, thank you!

--
Bill Ricker