[HH] board outline file from freePCB?

Greg London email at greglondon.com
Mon Mar 17 08:54:52 EDT 2014

I'm trying to use TinyCAD to draw a schematic and
FreePCB to create a board. I got everything nailed
down, and crammed into a 2 layer 3 square inch board,
so I went to oshpark.com to upload files
and order some boards.

They say they want 8 different Gerber CAM files for a 2 layer board.

https://oshpark.com/guidelines

There are 8 files listed, including a board outline file
with a .GKO extension.

In FreePCB, Ver 1.2, the file->Generate CAM files->
gives me a popup menu which has 7 files, but under the
"gerber file options", it has a checkmark by a line that says:

"include board outline".

When I click on "create files", it only generates 7 files.
I don't see anything that matches the board outline file
that oshpark is looking for.

Last time I did this was a couple years ago, but I used the
same exact tools to generate the files. The only difference
is that I used Dorkbot to fab the PCB, which is now oshpark.
So I don't know if oshpark requires a new file that dorkbot
did not need, or if there is some option somewhere in
FreePCB that will make it generate the board outline file.

Anyone know how to get FreePCB to generate this file?

Thanks,
Greg