[HH] dead IR remotes

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 03:32:51 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Tom Metro <tmetro+hhacking at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> If you're curious, you can see a picture of the type of remotes in
>> question and the device they control here:
>> http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/Mediamvp
>
> You are still using a MediaMVP?   Is that paired with PVR-150s as well?
>

>> My IR testing has been to observe the IR activity light on the device
>> being controlled. I have no reason to question this, though I ought to
>> take a look at the output of these remotes through a video camera to see
>> if they are perhaps producing a signal that the receiver is completely
>> rejecting.
>
> A regular digital camera will work for this as well.   I'm actually
> using the same kind of remote
> as well (tand have noticed some corrosion of the battery

[Sorry about that short note.  Hit send to early.]

So I'm seeing some corrosion as well on the contacts.  I was thinking
about trying some sandpaper to remove it.
Or maybe a wire brush (if I can get one that will fit).   In any case,
please let me know if you figure out what is going on
as I might end up in a similar situation soon.

Bill Bogstad