[Discuss] Image Viewers

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:52:24 EST 2024

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:33:06 -0500
Daniel Barrett <dbarrett at blazemonger.com> wrote:

> Also, what's the business need behind your question? In case there's a
> better approach than "finding an image viewer that can open ZIP
> files."

I want an image viewer that can open zip files and similar archives.
Nothing more than this. I don't want an image editor. I don't want a
comic book library manager. I don't want a file manager.

I did give Okular a go but I found it cumbersome for viewing images.

After trolling through a bunch of the "best image viewers for Linux"
articles, which all rehash the same list of image editors and
comic library managers, I stumbled across pqiv which might be exactly
what I want: a reasonably fast image viewer that can open zip files and
such. No editing, no file managing, no library bloat.

--