[Discuss] External M.2 SSD

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue Sep 19 13:40:37 EDT 2023

On 6/1/23 09:48, Kent Borg wrote:
> So I bought a Sabrent USB-C enclosure, and a 2048GB Intel M.2 SSD to
> go inside (amazingly cheap, if you ask me).

Followup: I still like it. I haven't put many hours on it (off-line
backup, so mostly not connected to anything), but it works. And is
faster than spinning disks. And I really like the small size.

I bought the components from B&H Photo, and checking now, I see 2TB is
still the sweet spot for price. The SSD I bought is the same price, the
enclosure went up a couple dollars.

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who will be continuing down this path.