[Discuss] Now you see it now you don't

E. William Horne malassimilation at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:33:51 EST 2023

I just got a brochure from a "Managed care" facility, with a "find out
more" link that pointed to a .pdf file. When I viewed the file, I found
out that highlighting any of the text caused it to vanish from my
screen, and that any attempt to read the raw text of the email had been
blocked in Thunderbird.

If there are "pdf" experts among the BLU, please tell me if/how I can
turn off the files' disappearing text feature - a file which contains
bland assurances that a reverse-mortgage won't change my Medicare
benefits, less than a inch away from a warning that it could do
precisely that. I'd like to include that verbiage in an email to my
Senators, so thank you for any help you can provide. The original email
is available to anyone who asks - provided that clicking "Forward" in
Thunderbird doesn't cause my laptop to explode - so just ask if you want
to  see it.

Bill Horne