[Discuss] Failing WD Disks

Edward epp at null.net
Thu May 18 21:45:34 EDT 2023

On Thursday 18 May 2023 12:35:14 PM (-04:00), Kent Borg wrote:

 > I have two portable USB-C 5TB Western Digital portable disks that have
failed, that I will be doing a warranty return on.

 > Before I can do the return I need to argue that they are broken, and as
I do encrypted file systems, and on Linux, and not even conventional at
that (one is ZFS, the other brtfs), I can't just say "Look, it can't read
files."

Argue that they are broken? Whatever happened to "The customer is always
right."? Or did that go out the window years ago...