[Discuss] Trying to puzzle out some access permissions

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:36:07 EDT 2023

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 10:51:15 -0400
Rich Pieri <Richard.Pieri at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm missing something subtle (I think) about POSIX ACLs but my Duck
> Duck Fu isn't getting me a working solution. Any clues?

Figured it out: the -m switch in 'setfacl -d -m rule file' behaves
differently from the -m switch in 'setfacl -m rule file' which lead to
much confusion. Once I figured that out I figured it's just a matter of
doing each setfacl command twice, one with -d and one without. So now I
have working host level access to synced files.

--